Thursday, September 21, 2006

Best Eats Part II...

Here are some other pictures of good eats that made me a happy camper:

Best Dumplings in Town
....in my opinion so far that is. this dumpling place is suggested by my real estate agent interestingly enough and seemed to be pretty popular with the locals. the top part that looks like a web is actually fried dough (?) that connects all the dumplings together. other two dishes: stir-fry broccoli and garlic, and sweet, sugary, and sticky di gua (potato). absolutely delicious -- i wouldn't mind going back there again.




Szechuan flavor in the house
Szechuan food is pretty popular in Beijing for some reason. My dad's friend took Hayes and I to this restaurant near his house. Excellent food and service -- the food is very well prepared and delicate. The food isn't too spicy (which is what we requested) and I simply loved the spicy eggplant/green bean/etc. dish! Other dishes include fried spring rolls with taro inside, small fried white sesame rolls with red bean inside, saucy ribs, celery dish, and this tofu texture, egg/lobster flavor dish? I don't remember the specifics since I wolfed down the entire thing too fast. just kidding.


Red Bean/Coconut dessert
what can i say...this bite-size dessert has a very light, gelatin texture to it... you can taste the coconut milk on the outside, and the red bean paste in the middle. not a super-sweet dessert (which is a plus) but definitely will give you your sugar fix.


that's it for now... hope you guys enjoyed the pics! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home