Thursday, April 26, 2007

Sichuan & Yunnan Trip in February 2007~

Not surprisingly, it's been a long time since I have updated this blog. I'm currently in Nepal with my roommates and we plan to do an epic trip from Nepal to Tibet. This will include riding on elephants, watching rhinos and antelopes, and going through Mt Everest Base Camp then traveling through Lhasa. We'll be taking the train back to Beijing on May 11th (it is a 48 hr train ride) and I will post pics after I come back.

Jiuzhaigou -- Sichuan Province
- a beautiful national park that is known for its 5 colored lakes... absolutely gorgeous!


Home of a Tibetan family that we stayed at Jiuzhaigou


My epic trip to Lijiang! Yunnan Province

Alleyway in Lijiang, Yunnan Province


Rooftops of Lijiang

Night scene in Lijiang

Here I am in Shi Lin (stone forest) at Kunming, Yunnan Province. Of course, I had to pose on top of the rocks!




Chinese New Years Eve at Kunming. Fireworks are legal -- I look pretty cool here.


Trekking to our treehouse at Xishuangbanna, Yunnan Province

Elephants on the way!

Our Swiss family Robinson-esque treehouses
Floating down the Mekong River...very slowly...


Biking out to a dai rice patty in Xishuangbanna!


1 Comments:

At 12:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

man..... i wish i were with you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home